Published: 07/05/2019
Author: Greg Collins

April 2019 –

According to the latest Exact Ventures Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC) vendor market share and forecast report, the total market (product + service revenues) grew 15% and exceeded $1 billion for the first time.  Product revenues accounted for 68% of the total market while services revenues (including software maintenance + professional and other services) accounted for the remaining 32% of the market.  The market is forecast to grow in the mid single digits through 2023.  In 2018, signaling capacity, as measured by transaction per second (Tps) license shipments, grew by 22%, led by Asia Pacific which accounted for 44% of the market for the year, up from 35% in 2017.

For the full-year 2018, Huawei led the market based on total revenues (product + services). Huawei benefitted from strong growth in Asia Pacific in general and its home market in particular. Oracle was the second largest vendor worldwide but continued to lead the market in North America. The market shift to Asia Pacific, and away from North America, was detrimental to Oracle in 2018. Ericsson and Nokia have continued to make progress in this market over the past several years. In 2018, Ericsson’s share was nearly even with 2017 while Nokia’s share approached double-digits in the second half of the year.

For more information please contact: sales@exactventures.com

Diameter Signaling Controller (DSC)

Our expertise

  • Market sizing and forecasting
  • Custom market analysis
  • Pricing model and price elasticity analysis
  • Technology and market white papers

News and reports

We regularily publish news and reports that document the changing face of the telecommunications market place.

Find out more >

Who we are

An independent market intelligence firm with the objective to create unbiased, enduring benchmarks for measuring market shares...

Find out more >

Get in touch

Please contact us if you require more information about our services, or would like to discuss your requirements.